Currently watching Shameless.
It's been an amazing three weeks since I've started my externship. It has been a whirlwind. I love it! I have made great new friends, and have learned 80% of our recipes. We do new specials every few days, the menu changes on a regular basis, and the line is awesome to work. Today for the first time I worked the evening shift, 11-8pm. we pulled 180 covers in 2 1/2 hours. we expected a slow night, and that is why they were having me on the line to train me, and sent a regular home early. Wow! What an experience. We were expecting 80+ covers for a Sunday night with 21 reservations on the books. HELLO, I'm on the line 20 minutes...quiet, THEN, ...BOOM! Awesome experience, but I felt I got in the way a lot. I learned 8+ dishes I hadn't done before and executed them over and over throughout the service, so I think I have them down now. The guy helping me seemed slightly annoyed, but by the end of the night, said his first night on the line was the same way. My Sous chef asked if I could work the same schedule for next week, so that sounds promising. I hope I'm doing a great job, because I feel like I am, and that I can get hired on afterwards. Seriously, I will stage for them, if it means I can get hired on there. it has been such a great experience. Excellent chefs, awesome co-workers, new specials all the time, fast paced, but mellow people who know how to handle flow. I am so happy where I am. I just hope this leads for oppurtunity in the future. I know these people will probably never see this, but Kenny and Aaron make my Weekends awesome.
That's enough for tonight.
Peace everyone.
-G
No comments:
Post a Comment